Quoted from http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Exposure-deadly-asbestos-led-death-strong/story-16127759-detail/story.html
Exposure to deadly asbestos led to death of ‘strong’ electrician
Saturday, May 19, 2012
AN electrician who worked in the ship and submarine building industry died after being exposed to asbestos.
Roland Hutchinson was diagnosed with malignant mesothelioma – linked to close contact with deadly asbestos dust – last year.
The 76-year-old, who was described as a “strong and forthright man”, started his working life as an apprentice electrician.
He had a variety of jobs throughout his career, including at a Lancashire shipbuilders, Rolls-Royce and Qualcast in Derby and in the Merchant Navy.
An inquest into Mr Hutchinson’s death heard it was during his working life that he was thought to have been exposed to asbestos.