Quoted from http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/asbestos-blamed-for-death-of-59-year-old-1.907376
Asbestos blamed for death of Cumbrian man, 59
By Phil Coleman
Friday, 16 December 2011
A Cumbrian man this week become the latest person in the county whose premature death has been put down his exposure to asbestos.
Lawyers said that the family of James MacKenzie, who was just 59 when he died from mesothelioma, will continue to fight for justice.
At an inquest in Carlisle, north and west Cumbria coroner David Roberts ruled that Mr MacKenzie, of Hadrian’s Avenue, Anthorn, near Wigton, died as a result of contracting an industrial disease after exposure to asbestos dust.
Mr MacKenzie’s health problems came after working at a Carlisle building firm between 1969 and 1972. As an apprentice, he was exposed to dust from sheets of asbestos as it was cut.
Mr MacKenzie became ill in August last year and two months later, after further medical investigation, doctors diagnosed malignant mesothelioma, a cancer of the lining of the lung invariably caused by exposure to asbestos dust.
[Article continues at original source]