Carlisle widow sues over husband’s asbestos death link

Quoted from

Carlisle widow sues over husband’s asbestos death link

By Staff Reporter

Last updated at 12:45, Thursday, 04 August 2011

Electrician Peter Walters, 63, died from malignant mesothelioma, a cancer of the tissues surrounding his lungs, just three weeks after his condition was diagnosed. Now his widow Vivien Walters, 50, of Durdar Road, is demanding damages from Lorne Stewart plc, successors to HAT Engineering Services and David Thomson (Electrical).

Mr Walters worked for both firms, either as an employee or on self- employed basis, between 1969 and 1998 at the Barwise Works in Carlisle, according to a High Court writ.

He was exposed to asbestos during his work, including at an old people’s home Riverside in Appleby, where he installed a cord pull system and replaced lighting. This involved working in the roof voids filled with asbestos powder by contractors, who blew it in, the writ says.

[Article continues at original source]

Speak Your Mind


Law Offices of Thomas J. Lamb, P.A.
1908 Eastwood Road, Suite 225
Wilmington, NC 28403
Tel: (800) 426-9535
Disclaimer and Copyright