Quoted from http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/districtnews/districtatog/9136321.Widow___s_asbestos_warning_after_death_of_her_husband/
Widow’s asbestos warning after death of her husband
9:04am Wednesday 13th July 2011
A GRIEVING widow is warning builders to protect themselves against asbestos, after an inquest ruled it caused her husband’s death.
Bolton Coroners Court heard Cyril Jennings worked with the deadly material during his career as an engineer.
He became ill in 2009 and was diagnosed with mesothelioma, cancer in the membrane that lines the lungs and chest. The disease is related to exposure to asbestos in the vast majority of cases.
Mr Jennings died at the Royal Bolton Hospital at the age of 63 on April 4 this year.
His wife, Jennifer, aged 61, speaking after the inquest said: “I don’t think people realise that asbestos kills. I implore any builder to make sure they wear protective clothing and masks.
“You just don’t know where asbestos is, it is still in buildings now.
“I don’t want this to happen to anyone else.”
[Article continues at original source]