A WOMAN died from a huge tumour caused by years of washing her husband’s asbestos-covered work clothes.

Quoted from http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/news/Asbestos-husband-s-overalls-caused-fatal-lung-cancer-wife/article-3458820-detail/article.html

Asbestos on husband’s overalls caused fatal lung cancer in his wife

By ed hill ehill@derbytelegraph.co.uk

A WOMAN died from a huge tumour caused by years of washing her husband’s asbestos-covered work clothes.

Pamela Whitemore, of Spondon, was married to a lorry driver who used to load asbestos by hand.

Her family said she was a typical housewife, “cooking, cleaning and washing”.

She developed mesothelioma – a cancer of the lung lining – and died at Royal Derby Hospital in November, aged 80.

She was diagnosed just five days earlier.

An inquest into Mrs Whitemore’s death heard how she had a job in a bedding factory but gave it up when she married her husband, Ronald, in 1950.

Their daughter, Jacqueline Higgins, said her mother was a “traditional housewife”.

She said: “Mum was a housewife and dad went out to work. That was the way it was. She took care of my father and washed his overalls. Dad did not know what a washing machine was.”

[Article continues at original source]

Speak Your Mind

*

Law Offices of Thomas J. Lamb, P.A.
1908 Eastwood Road, Suite 225
Wilmington, NC 28403
Tel: (800) 426-9535
Email@LambLawOffice.com
Disclaimer and Copyright