Quoted from http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/1027/1224282071553.html
Man exposed to asbestos years before death
The Irish Times – Wednesday, October 27, 2010
A MAN who died from a cancer caused by exposure to asbestos had contact with the natural mineral while working in the air conditioning industry 40 years earlier.
William Carlos (60), Dooneen, Ballinameen, Boyle, Co Roscommon, died at St James’s Hospital on December 3rd, 2009.
His wife Bernadette Carlos told an inquest into his death at Dublin City Coroner’s Court that Mr Carlos, who was a farmer for most of his life, had told her he was exposed to asbestos while working in Britain.
He said on one occasion that he was cutting tiles and it came down on top of him.
Mr Carlos presented at hospital with breathlessness in April 2008.
He was subsequently diagnosed with malignant mesothelioma, a cancer that has a high association with asbestos exposure.